Serving the community by providing for the health, safety, welfare, and safety education of the public. The Code Enforcement Office is tasked with the enforcement of the Building Code of New York State, and local laws and ordinances dealing with building construction, renovations (interior and exterior) and building demolition and removal.
The Village Building Code information is available for persons inquiring about specific codes. We encourage meeting with the Codes Enforcement Officer to review and understand code requirements. Call to make an appointment.
- Any new building
- All additions to existing buildings
- Pools (aboveground and inground)
- Decks and Porches
- Additions to Electrical Systems
- Additions to Plumbing Systems
- Additions or New Heating Systems
- Electrical Work
- Solid Fuel Heating Devices
Building Permit Inspection
Building Inspections are required during each stage of construction to ensure compliance with construction codes and building plans. Please schedule inspection at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pre Inspection of Construction
- Footings before backfilling
- Foundations wall before backfilling
- Plumbing (Stack Test Required)
- Framing before enclosing
- Heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning before enclosing. (Must Have EPA Certification)
Insulation before enclosing
- Fire Protection equipment before enclosing
- Final (Certificate Inspection) upon completion of all other inspections
All commercial and multiple residential buildings require periodic Fire/Life Safety inspections for compliance with the New York State Code.
The Fire Department and Code Enforcement Office conducts fire safety education
- Daycare safety
- Fire extinguisher usage
- Evacuation training
- General fire prevention issues
- Fire and property maintenance inspection